Here are the day’s notes:
- Baseball America (no subs. req’d) posted their trade analyses of the Jaime Garcia trade and Sonny Gray trade. It has their latest scouting reports on OF Dustin Fowler, LHP Dietrich Enns, RHP James Kaprielian, RHP Zack Littell, and SS/OF Jorge Mateo, if you’re interested in such things.
- MLB.com updated their top 30 Yankees prospects list now that Fowler, Kaprielian, and Mateo have been traded away. RHP Luis Medina, OF Everson Pereira, and RHP Gio Gallegos all jumped into the top 30. Not sure about putting the teenagers in there, but okay.
- The Yankees made another trade today in addition to the Gray trade. They acquired more international bonus money from the Orioles for RHP Yefry Ramirez. Turning a minor league Rule 5 Draft pick into a tradeable commodity was a neat move.
- OF Billy McKinney was named the Triple-A International League Offensive Player of the Week while RHP Brian Keller was named the High-A Florida State League Pitcher of the Week. McKinney went 11-for-25 (.400) with two doubles, two triples, and two homers last week.
- Remember that random “RHP Dillon McNamara to the Giants” trade a few weeks ago? The Yankees received cash in that deal, reports Matt Eddy. No surprise there. Fringe bullpen prospects aren’t exactly in high demand.
- And finally, make sure you check out Josh Norris’ feature on OF Estevan Florial, who was not traded today. That surprised me a bit. Anyway, make sure you check it out. Really great stuff.
Both Triple-A Scranton and Double-A Trenton had scheduled off-days.
High-A Tampa (1-0 loss to Daytona, walk-off style)
- SS Kyle Holder & 2B Nick Solak: both 0-3 — Solak drew two walks and stole two bases
- LF Trey Amburgey: 1-4, 1 BB
- RHP Dillon Tate: 7.2 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 9 K, 8/3 GB/FB — 76 of 109 pitches were strikes (70%) … 2.68 ERA with 44/14 K/BB in 50.1 innings since coming back from his shoulder issue